Fuel stations play a crucial role in our daily lives, but what many people may not realize is the potential risks that come with storing and dispensing fuel. Underground storage tanks can leak, contaminating soil and groundwater, which can be dangerous to the environment and human health. In many cases, contaminated groundwater is used as drinking water for local communities. That’s why it’s essential to have effective Wetstock inventory management systems in place to prevent accidents caused by fire, explosion or escape of fuel.
In this blog, we will discuss the importance of Wetstock inventory management for fuel stations, the risks involved if fuel leaks, and the benefits of using an award-winning Wetstock management solution like Fuelsuite.
The Risks Around Wetstock Storage
When fuel leaks from underground storage tanks, it can result in contamination of soil and groundwater. This can lead to fines from the EPA, extensive clean-up costs, loss of product and revenue, and loss of customers due to poor fuel quality. Additionally, pump and tank closures may occur, which can negatively impact business operations. These risks are especially prevalent in urban areas where petrol stations are surrounded by private or commercial premises.
Why Effective Wetstock Inventory Management is Essential
To comply with legislative requirements, all petrol station operators must carry out a risk assessment for their operation and ensure that adequate controls are put in place.
This is where effective Wetstock inventory management systems come into play. An effective Wetstock inventory management system should enable consistent and accurate monitoring of petrol delivered, stored, and dispensed at any petrol station. This will help detect leaks from each underground tank and connected pipeline system, making it easier to prevent accidents.
Fuelsuite: The Solution for Effective Wetstock Management
- Fuelsuite is a fully automatic, certified system for the reconciliation and detection of fuel leaks at fuel stations. It is an award-winning Wetstock management solution designed to reduce fuel losses, detect leaks, and control end-to-end deliveries.
- Fuelsuite enables remote monitoring of fuel tanks, reduction of fuel losses, leak detection, and control of supplies at petrol stations. It also allows for delivery audits to identify cases of probable defects caused during the transportation process.
- With Fuelsuite, petrol station owners gain control over their fuel along the entire supply path from the terminal to the individual customer at the service station.
- The system brings together EPA compliance, fuel inventory, delivery, reconciliation, price, and ATG alarms within one Wetstock management solution. This gives petrol station owners the tools to effectively manage their leak detection, maintenance, fuel consumption, and inventory for both above and below-ground tanks.
- In case of any issues, such as stock variance, the system can quickly and effectively rectify the issue, saving time, money, and reputation.
- Using a cloud-based remote Wetstock management solution, petrol station owners can easily schedule various reports such as inventory, delivery, reconciliation, and alarms.
- Fuelsuite also offers a 24/7 support service that monitors critical alarms in the background and escalates (if you choose) to your service contractor to attend and resolve.
In conclusion, the risks around Wetstock storage are significant, and it is essential to have effective Wetstock inventory management systems in place.
By using an award-winning Wetstock management solution like Fuelsuite, petrol station owners can gain control over their fuel and prevent accidents caused by fire, explosion, or escape of fuel.
With remote monitoring capabilities and delivery audits, Fuelsuite is the solution for petrol station owners who want to effectively manage their fuel and inventory for both above and below-ground tanks.