Cut Costs, Alleviate Risks, Boost ROI with Advanced Wetstock Monitoring Solution
Are you managing environmental compliance for multiple sites? –
Keeping up with all your fuel equipment, particularly across many locations, is a tall order. That’s why EMS has developed industry-leading advanced monitoring software, Fuelsuite.
Fuelsuite allows you to streamline your process, lower costs, mitigate risk, and boost your ROI with a solution that’s easy to implement and even simpler to use. Did we mention you can do it all from the palm of your hand? That’s right. You can access your data from anywhere at any time.
Environmental non-compliance is an expensive proposition. Let one leak go undetected, and you could be looking at hundreds of thousands of dollars in losses ranging from cleanup to lost business, damage to your brand’s reputation, and more.
In the U.S., the EPA estimates the average cost of cleanup at $130,000, and that number can rise based on a variety of factors, including:
- Type of fuel
- Size of the leak
- Duration of the leak
- Groundwater impact
- Proximity to drinking water, etc.
Creating a Single Source of Truth for Fuel Equipment Data
Let’s face it: every operator has their own system for keeping track of documents. From “compliance binders” to Excel spreadsheets, filing cabinets, and more, there’s a different process for everyone.
With a software solution, these inefficient and at-risk storage solutions can be a thing of the past.
Environmental monitoring software unifies everything on one platform, giving you a single records-retention system for the entire organization and saving time and money. This central “source of truth” also eliminates the stress of regulatory visits – it’s all right there at your fingertips.
Mitigating Environmental Risk and Remediation Costs
There’s no way to totally eliminate environmental risks, and you know it. But there is a way to detect leaks sooner and more efficiently, so you can get ahead of the curve, particularly when it comes to remediation.
By getting intelligent, round-the-clock leak detection and monitoring solution like Fuelsuite, you can prevent leaks before they start and respond quickly when they do. You can also free up cash previously set aside to mitigate these costs, giving you a chance to leverage other opportunities.
Save money and resources by reducing the number of ATGs you monitor
Automated tank gauges (ATGs) are the eyes and ears of your most valuable asset—fuel. They can be complicated and numerous, which can lead to a sense of being overwhelmed by their scope. However, you can leverage their capabilities with the help of the right monitoring software.
The right monitoring software lets you establish a baseline, letting ATGs alert you to any deviation from that standard. This helps you identify the most important alarms without having to spend hours identifying them yourself. You’ll be able to see what’s happening in real-time, with pinpoint accuracy, and therefore improve your response time by as much as 30%!
Alarms are another source of chaos—they’ll always sound, and you have to remain vigilant and ready to respond. However, reducing alarm counts will help you mitigate false positives, reduce unnecessary dispatch, improve the accuracy and efficiency of your response time by as much as 20%, and allow team members to focus their efforts elsewhere, boosting your return on investment and leading to better allocation of resources.
Taking Care of Priority No. 1 – The Customer Experience
Wetstock management solution like Fuelsuite is a great way to take your customers’ experience to the next level. Whether you’re looking for increased efficiency, or just enhancing a critical fuel handling process, these solutions can help.
However, your business is still at the heart of everything. Modern consumers expect more from each and every transaction, and that means you need to make sure they have a flawless experience of every interaction with you.
To put it simply, your customers want the quickest, easiest way to get the job done. Whether you’re looking to innovate with automated products, power a digital experience, or improve at the pump station, we have the fuel and software experience you need to help your brand succeed.
Conclusion: The benefits of adding Wetstock/Environmental monitoring software are nearly innumerable, but let’s take a look at some of the most impactful:
- The average cost of cleaning up a UST leak is $130,000 and, if groundwater contamination occurs, this number can quickly increase to well over $1 million; potential litigation costs only increase these numbers. Further, failing to start or complete cleanup following a UST release can lead to an RCRA § 9003(h) noncompliance order from the EPA, resulting in penalties of up to $37,500 per day of noncompliance.
- A software solution can mitigate those costs significantly. You likely plan against environmental risk by setting aside cash reserves.
- The right environmental platform helps reduce these reserves by up to 60% through proactive compliance monitoring.
- Investing in a management system effectively turns the tables and puts the operator in control of their data, reducing vendor costs.
- As you expand, managing environmental compliance becomes increasingly complex. A reliable software platform that automates compliance — and is agnostic to fuel equipment such as ATGs and dispenser brand — eases scalability without adding headcount.
- With roughly two-thirds of a location’s profits coming from in-store sales, you can’t afford to lose customers due to a disabled fueling position. Uptime keeps customers coming back and increases the odds of them visiting the store.
One thought that never leaves your mind is making sure that your fueling equipment is running effectively at all times. If it malfunctions, your customers may leave the station and find another one that works, so keeping it running smoothly can be a game-changer for you and your business.
We’re enabling our customers to grow while protecting their bottom line, customer experience and brand reputation. Isn’t it time you put fueling compliance in a Strategic Control System?
If you want to know how EMS can help you with one, single solution for fuel station and c-store to provide best-in-class services to your customers, do not hesitate to schedule a call/demo with one of our Fuelsuite experts.